Martin E. Franklin Corporate Challenge
The Zoot Westchester Triathlon is proud to announce the addition of the Martin E. Franklin Corporate Challenge (MEFCC) to this year’s event.
Get your team together; issue the challenge within your firm’s departments or challenge your business competitors.
What is the Corporate Challenge?
A concept promoting teamwork, a healthy workforce, corporate health and maintaining a work/life balance. MEFCC is an opportunity for workmates to participate in a social atmosphere outside of the workplace, while promoting a healthy, active lifestyle MEFCC also provides an opportunity for positive competition among corporate teams, as well as a chance to network within the business community. Your rival on the race course could be your next partner in business. Every dollar raised in the challenge goes to our charity partners; MAC Angels, Challenged Athletes Foundation Team Red, White and Blue, War On ALS, Generation Ubuntu and Soul Ryeders.
The MEFCC aims to foster positive relationships among teammates and corporate opponents. Corporate Teams will compete for the prize and privilege in competing in the 2018 Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon. Zoot Westchester Triathlon will provide the winning team with complimentary entrances into the esteemed race of a life time.
How Will My Company Benefit?
CSR – We can provide a breakdown of where your team’s fundraising has gone and what difference it has made along with images. This is an amazing documentation for your company’s social responsibility portfolio.
Brand awareness and association: your company will have their logo on the Zoot Westchester Triathlon website and throughout the course. We will provide a set of professional images taken from the event for their marketing materials and website.
Exclusive Hospitality: challengers will benefit from additional race day amenities including a VIP Tent, concierge packet pick-up, separate rack and transition area, in addition to the post-race beer, food and beverages.
How Can My Company Get Involved?
- Each corporation/organization will be entitled to enter up to eight individuals. The eight individuals can comprise any combination of team relays and individual entries.
- Corporate Relay Teams will be made up of three individuals: a swimmer, a cyclist, and a runner. Participants may not compete in more than one discipline on a team.
- Each team will represent a participating corporation or organization. Team members must all be from the represented corporation/organization. Non-employee substitutions will be allowed on a limited basis and will be at the discretion of the race organizer. If a company/organization substitutes a team member without notifying the race organizer, the company/organization will be disqualified and the registration fee will NOT be refunded.
- Fundraising Requirements – Each team must raise a minimum of $5000.00 prior to race day. The minimum dollar amount raised will include race entry fees for all team participants in the 2017 Zoot Westchester Triathlon held on 09/24/2017.
Teams will be awarded points based on the finishing position of the team in each of 3 categories – Individual Finisher, Relay Finisher, & Fundraising. Points earned by the team in each category will be tallied into an overall score. The corporation/organization with the highest overall score is the winner of the MEFCC.Points will be awarded for the 3 categories as follows:
- Individual Finisher: the individual finisher with the fastest finishing time earns 10 points for his team, 2nd fastest earns 5 points, 3rd fastest earns 3 points, 4th fastest earns 1 point.
- Relay finisher: the team with the fastest relay finishing time earns 10 points, 2nd fastest earns 5 points, 3rd fastest earns 3 points, 4th fastest earns 1 point.
- Fundraising: the team with the highest dollar amount raised and submitted prior to race day earns 10 points, 2nd highest earns 5 points, 3rd highest earns 3 points, 4th highest earns 1 point.
- Bonus Opportunities
- Claire’s Climb is a renowned hill climb portion of the bike course named after Claire Gormley Collier who passed away 2009. The individual or relay team member with the fastest climb split will receive an additional 2 minute bonus award. The two minute bonus will be taken off the overall finishing time.
- For every $1000.00 raised over the $5000.00 minimum, one minute will be taken off the corporation’s fastest team or individual over all finish time.
The winning company will be awarded 4 slots into the 2018 Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon. The winning team will be awarded the MEFCC trophy plus the bragging rights, with a premium race swag and medal for all finishers. Honorable Mention Awards will also be given to the top finishing male team, top finishing co-ed team, and top finishing female team.Information and rules regarding the race itself will be available to you after you register and as the event approaches.